Sarah Sprinkel served as Winter Park City Commissioner for nine years ending March 2020. During that time she was instrumental in many decisions and initiatives we all benefit from today. She is the clear choice for Mayor of Winter Park based on character, experience, and on real policy decisions that benefit our residents and our city.
Below are just a few policy accomplishments realized under Sarah’s leadership during her nine years as commissioner.
- Never voted to raise the property tax rate (unlike her opponent).
- Never voted to impose a fee to use our dog park (unlike her opponent).
- Realized our policy goal of 30% of General Fund spending in reserve for emergencies (first time ever).
- Removed stand alone high density apartments from the list of available zoning categories.
- Renovation of Showalter Stadium together with our county partners and the Winter Park High School Foundation.
- Railroad quiet zones implemented.
- New paths and sidewalks for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Purchased over 50 acres of new park land and realized state grant money for improvements.
- Established new bike lanes.
- Renovation of the Winter Park Tennis Center.
- Renovation of the golf course, historic clubhouse, and parking.
- Large scale solar field contract to deliver clean, renewable energy to Winter Park electric customers.
Sarah’s opponent deals in narratives and supports the current cadre of questionable commissioners.
Sarah Sprinkel gets real work done for the residents of Winter Park.
Sarah Sprinkel should be Mayor of Winter Park.
Regards, Pete Weldon